Only available in the USA
Guardenia™ is an all-new contained extraction system for extracorporeal manual morcellation use during Gynecological and other procedures. It is simple to deploy through a standard 12 mm trocar. The uniquely-designed guard will open during the deployment and create protection against inadvertent damage from sharp instruments around the incision margin and through the incision.
- The system can be deployed through a standard 12 mm trocar. The system uses a roll down technology for wound retraction which is familiar to surgeons.
- The guard automatically conforms to the shape and size of the incision and various abdominal wall thicknesses to provide maximal protection of the containment bag.
- Deployment of the containment bag can be done under pneumoperitoneum either with or without vision.
- The guard is integrated in the retraction sleeve. No additional step is needed to place the guard.
- Guardenia is a containment system designed to help prevent the escape of cells into the abdominal cavity during extracorporeal manual morcellation.
- The integrated guard provides protection against inadvertent damage from sharp instruments around the incision margin and through the incision.
- Bag material is designed to be impermeable to the passage of liquid or tissue, measured down to a cellular level.
- The guard protects a greater area of the bag when compared to currently marketed devices.1
- The guard provides superior protection of the bag when compared to currently marketed devices.1
- Once in place, the guard provides more durable protection of the bag and the incision over a larger area across all incision sizes (25 mm-60 mm) and abdomen thicknesses (10 mm-80 mm) tested than the Alexis CES.1
- The yellow anchor ring ensures that the containment bag is kept out of the operative area.
- Provides a larger operating space through the incision than the Alexis CES Guard, as it encroaches less into the incision.1
- One size fits all (in relation to bag size and tissue specimen).
- Maximizes the available space in the incision. Guardenia allows 50% more space for the same linear incision size as offered by other marketed devices.1
- The device works across multiport, robotic and single-port surgery.